Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Yellow Pages: Not Our Caller

Yellow Pages: Not Our Caller
from cincinnati enquirer

Small businesses have been targeted in a new advertising scam. An unsolicited advertising salesperson will call and suggest that the business sign up for the local Yellow Pages' online directory. Seemingly, this is a fine idea. Small businesses should have some kind of entry into the local Yellow Pages' website. However, in the case of ads solicited by NetOpus.net, the ads come at a heavy price.

Usually, the local Yellow Pages will include all of its listings in the online directory. This increases the value of the online site to potential users, thus increasing the likelihood of advertisers choosing to pay for more elaborate ads. The only group you should talk to about getting into that particular directory is publisher of that directory. NetOpus set up a foreign call bank to push their services, created an opt-out-only contract and had all associated charges added to the small business owners phone bill. If the NetOpus bill wasn't paid, the phone lines would be shut off.

And in the end, none of the ads sold via NetOpus were included in the online directory.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also was scammed by NetOpus. First I contacted my phone company and told them I would not pay the charges and wanted to know when they started. They told me that I would not have to pay but I would need to contact Payment One at 888-296-8076 who was doing the billing for NetOpus who removed the billing from my account and they gave me the number for NetOpus 800-736-7500 then they tried to tell me that a Sarah in my office had authorized the charges which is impossible because I run a one man office and better yet they sold my company a web site when the business that I own and run is a web site development service so why would I buy a web site from another company??? They had no answer for me on that one. I did receive an email from their customer service department that I would be happy to forward you if you like. I hope this helps. Joe

8:51 AM

 
Blogger Inc21 said...

Confirmations and verification of orders at Netopus is done by third party verifiers.
Netopus does all its businesses ethically and legally.
All the complaint emails will be reviewed and responded by the QC Manager.
Please address all your complaints to Selena Tran at stran@netopus.net.

2:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

We are building an incredibly useful tool for small and medium sized businesses to track and monitor the effectiveness of their online and offline advertising.


about - privacy policy - billing questions - publishers

© AdSymetrix, Inc. 2006
AdSymetrix is a trademark of AdSymetrix, Inc.
All Rights Reserved